Save on your energy bills with some helpful energy tips.
Heating and cooling make up over 40% of your whole utility bill. Therefore, making the home more energy-efficient can often save you a lot of money.
You can save money and have a more eco-friendly, comfortable and energy-efficient house with a few helpful tips from Cook’s Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.
Save money, but stay comfortable:
- Keep your filters cleaned or replace them once a month or when necessary.
- Utilize venting fans only when neccessary in bathrooms and kitchens.
- On hot summer days, cover the south facing windows to keep the sun from heating the house and set the thermostat as low possible. On days that are cold, do the opposite and benefit from as much free heat as you can from the sun.
- When purchasing new heating and cooling equipment, be sure to choose energy efficient units. Most of the time, the small increase in cost up front will be a benefit for your utility bills and comfort.
- Program the thermostat to increase or decrease 5 degrees at times when it isn’t much needed. You will see savings of up to 10% each year on your utility bills.
Ask for more residential and commercial energy-saving tips – Call (818) 493-5307